A growing movement of people stateside has started swearing by the positive effects of CBD on their health. Those who are firm believers in the healing powers of CBD claim that it has helped them with everything from easing the painful feelings of depression to alleviating the joint pain caused by arthritis. But one of the most talked-about benefits of CBD is its capacity to potentially eliminate most, if not all, the symptoms of anxiety.
CBD comes from the marijuana plant, which contains two compounds: THC and CBD. THC is the compound that produces psychoactive effects in your mind and body, whereas CBD promotes a sense of relaxation and calm. Although clinical trials still have a lot to confirm and discover, anecdotal advice shows that CBD (and other cannabis products) are very effective in treating anxiety, depression, more generalized stress, and even more serious diseases like Crohn’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, Huntington’s disease, and multiple sclerosis!
With regard to alternative treatments for anxiety, thousands of different supplements and exotic herbs all claim to be the most effective, but there are few that actually live up to their self-proclaimed grandiosity and those that do often induce feelings of grogginess or fatigue. Then there’s CBD, which quite frankly, stands in a league of its own and in our opinion, is the best natural option for the treatment of stress and anxiety that is safe, completely legal and carries no risk of addiction.
A Brief Look At Anxiety
When the human brain perceives an event as a potential threat, our inherent fight or flight instinct kicks in and stress hormones like cortisol and adrenaline are produced. We then experience the feelings of anxiety including panic, excessive worrying, and fear. Whilst stress tends to dissipate as the memory of the triggering event fades, feelings of anxiety are often a permanent fixture in our lives if we don’t seek treatment.
Anxiety affects our body in several negative ways including:
- Cardiovascular Health – Chest pains, irregular heartbeat or a pounding heart rate, often accompany the tension you experience as a result of prolonged anxiety. Those who suffer from chronic anxiety are also at risk of high blood pressure as well as heart disease.
- Panic Attacks – People who are prone to panic attacks as a result of their anxiety will be familiar with the shortness of breath and hyperventilation that often occurs for what seems like forever. During these episodes, it’s possible that your airways could close enough to restrict the amount of air circulating into your lungs and you start to panic even more.
- Digestive Issues – Feeling nauseous and loss of appetite are common side effects of digestive issues that are caused by anxiety. This happens when our brain is too focused on managing the perceived threat that makes us feel anxious to have spare resources to also deal with our digestive system.
- A Weaker Immune System – Have you ever noticed how anxious or stressed people always seem to be unwell? Long-term anxiety has the potential to seriously weaken your immune system and this is because the stress hormones that are being released in response to a trigger preserve your body in a continuous state of emergency and you are less likely to be able to fight infections and disease.
- Mental Health – In addition to the many negative physical effects of chronic anxiety, the decline in your mental health is perhaps the most concerning. Your central nervous system will keep releasing stress hormones that can cause you to lose concentration, suffer from insomnia and feel frightened and alone. All of these feelings can open doors to severe mental health issues like depression, which sometimes requires lifelong treatment.
Why Choose CBD Gummies To Treat Anxiety?
The endocannabinoid system that we all have is in charge of regulating a variety of important internal functions including our stress hormones. CBD interacts with cannabinoid receptors in our body to moderate our responses and rebalance chemicals that are thought to contribute to anxiety.
CBD gummies, in particular, are very popular as a way of soothing the symptoms of an anxiety disorder, as the effects of cannabidiol edibles tend to be the longest lasting and, according to existing gummy fans, stronger. Using CBD oil for anxiety sublingually kicks in quicker, but many people struggle to get their dosage right and find that they end up getting through the bottles too quickly, making natural anxiety like CBD much more expensive. And of course, there’s the fact that they are delicious and for once you won’t have to feel guilty about eating candy as a snack.
Insomnia and lack of appetite are two of the most frustrating symptoms of anxiety as when we feel bad, all we want to do is go to sleep and wake up feeling better. For most people, this simply isn’t possible and the great thing about CBD is that it induces sleepiness naturally and more importantly, helps you to stay asleep so your body can repair and regulate itself.
A positive attitude is key to surviving the storm of anxiety and CBD gives you the mental clarity you need to think about your next steps and keep everything in perspective during turbulent times.
What Are The Best CBD Gummies To Treat Anxiety?
With a growing number of CBD gummy brands to choose from, you need to know what you are looking for so you don’t end up being disappointed. Sunday Scaries is popular brand of CBD gummies and tinctures that is considered to be one of the best out there. Their mouth-watering gummies are formulated using only natural ingredients, no added flavoring or artificial coloring. They actually use turmeric and beetroot juice to add some funky colors to their gummies, which makes them even more impressive. But the main advantage that Sunday Scaries gummies have over other products available online is that they work faster than normal thanks to the specific type of CBD oil used to make the gummies. They are completely THC free and derived from organic hemp that is grown in the United States and subject to strict quality control and they also offer vegan-friendly options, CBD Vegan AF.
CBD for anxiety can have great long-term effects on your brain and overall health, however, any prolonged use of a specific treatment should be discussed with your doctor.
For more information on CBD products visit https://sundayscaries.com/blog/